[c-nsp] Acct-Session-Id-Count problem

Dennis Peng dpeng at cisco.com
Wed Aug 31 13:43:19 EDT 2005

The unique-identifier which is persistent across reloads is only
written to NVRAM if:

1) The configuration hasn't changed

2) An interval of time has passed since the command was first read
(usually upon bootup). The default interval is 10 minutes (can be
changed by specifying "radius-server unique-ident <id> interval <n>")

(1) prevents temporary configuration changes from being unknowingly
written to NVRAM (you'll see an error message if this pops up) and (2)
is designed to prevent abusing the NVRAM in case the router is
experiencing unusual instability.

You need to be aware of these restrictions in a test environment,
otherwise the results may not match your expectations. Hopefully in
production, these restrictions won't limit the usefulness of the
feature.

If you still feel the feature isn't working as intended, let me
know. Thanks.

Dennis