[c-nsp] Cisco equipment and Wyse Rapport/Thin Clients - Might be a bit off topic

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Dec 2 04:32:30 EST 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:39:14AM -0600, Craig Gauss wrote:
> finds the image on the server.  From what we gathered with Wyse, using
> Ethereal, that the thin client is sending the request to the server, but
> nothing is coming back.
>
> They are thinking something in our network is blocking it.  We have no
> access lists or anything on the switches that I could see would be
> "blocking" the 4011 port.  Of course they have no ideas for us as of
> things to check or configuration changes that need to be changed
>
> Any ideas on this?

Run ethereal on the server - if you see the request there as well,
this direction "client->server" is working.  If you see a response
on the server, but not on the client, the path "server->client"
has a problem.

If you see the request on the server, but no response either, it's the
server.

"So easy" :)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/