[c-nsp] Negotiation problem with Catalyst 2950 and Cisco 2821

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Sun Dec 4 05:25:33 EST 2005

On 04.12.2005 10:12 Gert Doering wrote
> On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 11:46:20PM +0100, Marco Huggenberger wrote:
>> But what if the interface goes into the errdisable-mode (shutdown)?
>> Do you have any recommended "errdisable recovery"-settings which
>> you use or are there any expirienced users out there which are
>> using "errdisable recovery all"?
>
> We're using the defaults - that is, no auto-recovery.  If the port
> goes into errdisable, there is a reason for it.

For sure ... but also be sure that the customer calls. We have done "no
auto-recovery" for long time and changed to errdisable timeout recently
which saves us a lot of callouts. Time-out is set to 30min. I.e.
customer at most has to wait 30min. that the port comes up again.

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper, AN45