[c-nsp] Traffic engineering

Robert Hass robhass at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 08:13:36 EST 2005

This is my network diagram:

                         stm-1                    fe
               _____________________________    _______Customer1
              /                             \  /
Upstream____R1                               R4
         ge   \________R2_________R3________/  \_______Customer2
                 stm-1     stm-1      stm-1       fe

I have two 100Mb customers connected via FastEthernet links to R4
router. Traffic from internet to these customers is going through STM-1
connection between R1 and R4 routers. If both customers in one time
want full 100Mb traffic from Internet the STM-1 connection will be
overbooked (200Mb needed VS 155Mb available).

Is it possible to push 50-60Mb/s (maybe 10 of 20 prefixes announced by
Customer2) from R1 to R4 via R2+R3 ? On path R1 to R4 via R2+R3 we have
about 70-80Mb/s free bandwidth. Can anyone propose us solution ?

Some additional informations:
1) R1,R2,R3,R4 - 7206VXRs with NPE-G1, IOS 12.2S Service Provider
2) Customer1, Customer2 - customers with BGP routing
3) IGP is currently OSPF, but we'll migrate to ISIS.
4) STM-1 connections running via SDH infrastructure using ppp
   encapsulation and 'mpls ip' + ldp lunched.

Thanks,
RobertH