[c-nsp] SUP32 and Edge routing

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists Lists at Hojmark.ORG
Sun Dec 4 14:25:29 EST 2005

> I couldnt find the PFC3BXL for the Sup32 in the pricelist, only
> PFC3B.

The PFC3BXL is "WS-F6K-PFC3BXL=" but it can't actually be used
with Sup32 and Native (for now). It's currently supported only
with the Sup720: http://tinyurl.com/9bzuh

For some odd reason, it *is* supported with CatOS, according to
the release notes (http://tinyurl.com/7za2g). I'd guess most
people shopping for 1M routes would be running Native IOS...

> I mean, the 4500 doesn't have a real fabric and as soon as you
> want a fabric for the 6500, price goes up in a big way.

The Sup32 is 15k, and the Sup720 is 28k. That's 22 times the
performance (and the possibility of using newer modules with
higher density and lower port-price) for 13k.

Is that "in a big way"? Not IMO.

-A