[c-nsp] CBWFQ, 2821, dialer interfaces and 12.4

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Mon Dec 5 01:10:45 EST 2005

Greets,

Anyone have a problem where a service policy on a dialer interface
either never matches anything (or at least the counters never
increase) or where it matches a few packets and then stops?

I'm running a 2821 with an ADSL WIC - the dialer interface is bound
to it. Config of interest is simply:

	class-map match-all Citrix
	 match access-group name Citrix
	policy-map Branch-QoS
	 class Citrix
	  police cir 384000 pir 500000
		<etc and so forth>
	interface Dialer1
	  service-policy output QoS

With 12.4(3a) and 12.4(5) IPBASE I get no matches, ever when doing
"show policy-map interface dialer 1".
With 12.4(3a) IPBASEK9 I get some matches and then it stops,
sometimes. Other times it will work until you do a "clear counter dialer 1".
With 12.4(5) IPBASEK9 I get some matches and then it stops all by itself.

I have also tried 12.3 but it doesn't support doing this (service
policy) on a dialer interface.

Incidentally, I've got this running on a 1841 with an ADSL WIC using
12.4(3a) with no problems.

Any ideas before I run to the TAC?

B.