[c-nsp] pix 535 issue

Alban Dani albcisco at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 19:39:00 EST 2005

Hi,

I am  recently experiencing some wird issues with our pix.

It has been working fine for three years but all of a suden I am experincing
some connectivity issues that started three weeks ago.
Several of the subnets in my network can not go out through it, so they end
up using proxies even though they should not have too.
However there are other subnets ( configured the same way) that go through
it fine.

The problem is visible especially with two hosts (that have been both
working just fine )  that reside outside the pix.
The configuration for them on the pix is exactly the same however while one
of them is reachable 100% of the time the other one is reachable less then
5% of the time.

The only fix to this is reloading the PIX. It works fine for 3-4 days and
then things go bad again.

I have a 13% CPU utilization, 20 % memory utilization and I never go even
close to the max number of xlates or connections.
I have checked my timeout and they look fine too.

A week ago I upgraded from 6.3.3 to version 7 but the behaviour remains the
same.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

thanks,

Alban