[c-nsp] IP Cef - Two T1s - getting full bandwidth download but not upload

Bob Fronk bfronk at davishelliot.com
Tue Dec 6 11:11:08 EST 2005

I am using a 2620 (V12.2(6r) IOS) as my Internet Edge router.  It has
two WIC1DSU-T1 cards.  Sprint is providing two T1s to be bonded into a
3mbps connection.

I have used IP Cef and Load sharing per destination.  When doing speed
tests, I am getting nearly 3mbps download, but only 1.5 upload.  It is
as if there is only one T1 in use for upload.

What am I missing?

Here is the relevant config:

ip subnet-zero

ip cef

!

!

no ip domain lookup

!

ip audit notify log

ip audit po max-events 100

!

!

mta receive maximum-recipients 0

!

!

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

 description Connected to PIX Outside Interface

 ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

 duplex auto

 speed auto

!

interface Serial0/0

description Sprint T1 Internet #1

 ip address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

 encapsulation ppp

 no fair-queue

!

interface Serial0/1