[c-nsp] 7609 and QOS

Palis Michael security at cytanet.com.cy
Wed Dec 7 07:37:09 EST 2005

Hello all

We have a cisco 7609 with the following modules

Supervisor Engine 720 (Active)         WS-SUP720-3BXL

24  CEF720 24 port 1000mb SFP              WS-X6724-SFP

We are using a gigabit interface form the WS6724SFP for normal routing and
we are trying to do some policing on the interface based on dscp  class
marking we are doing on the traffic on ingress routers.  When we have around
50Megs of traffic, policing works fine. As soon as we send more traffic for
policing on the 7609 (around 100Megs) policing stops to work and most of the
traffic passes as normal traffic via the Gigabit of the 7609. We did mls qos
aggregate (as recommended from Cisco) with out any changes on the policing.
As soon as we reduce traffic everything back to normal.

Any advise or help will be appreciated.

Regards