[c-nsp] Cisco IOS

christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com christian.macnevin at uk.bnpparibas.com
Fri Dec 9 04:23:44 EST 2005

Sorry, but nooooooo way is CCO's search engine stuck in 1995. At least, in
98, it rocked. You were able to search within
heirarchical sections, search within results and you got some relatively
meaningful answers, not screens and screens of
release notes for things you don't give a rat's proverbial about.

There's a pretty big community of people I've met that believe they
actually downgraded the functionality to make it easier
to control access to the information through things like AS contracts and
Gold partnerships and to push the Cisco Press sales.
I swear at the search engine on a daily basis..

Internet
tim at colt.net
Sent by: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
08/12/2005 09:07

cisco-nsp
cc

Subject
RE: [c-nsp] Cisco IOS

> Sometimes I think those web people actually hate the customers...

Have you spent much time on the web sites for other router vendors?

Getting to an software image is too much of a click-fest, everything slows
down a bit after UK-lunchtime when the US gets out of bed, and the search
engine is still resolutely stuck in 1995, but on balance CCO is a blazing
beacon of utility compared to some I've tried to use.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Product Engineering Manager  w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Managed Data Services        t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in
the United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority