[c-nsp] CEF fun in SXF

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Fri Dec 9 09:50:17 EST 2005

On (2005-12-09 15:41 +0100), Gert Doering wrote:

> Do you have any bug IDs or case numbers I could point 'em to?

 CSCsb32592, funny thing is that this is _new bug_ opened by us.
And two $random ISP workers who've contacted me ~accidently
with 7600's fun in their network and I've instructed them how to
search for broken prefices, _both_ found hundreds of broken
prefices and were able to fix them by clearing the routes.
(and eventually get rid of it by upgrading to SXE3 or later)
 No CEF consistency check etc find this. There is really
hardcore way to debug this through PFC, but I find it
so much easier just pulling both sh ip cef, sh mls cef
and comparing them.

 So chances are, lot of people are having this issue, but
as you have >200k routes and only like 0.1% of them broken and
customer reports 'huge packet loss to www.foobar.com' you
might not catch the issue.

--
  ++ytti