[c-nsp] Sup2, Sup720 and multicast

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Wed Dec 14 18:57:53 EST 2005

Greets,

Just wondering - I've got a 6500Sup2 running hybrid software - when
I'm passing lots of multicast traffic through it, how much of that is
processed in software and how much in hardware? (If it matters, its
running pim in sparse-dense mode.)

And just for kicks - how does the Sup720 deal with that?

Why am I asking? Well, we're seeing some odd things where the latency
on the network increases remarkably when there is a small increase in
multicast traffic and we're trying to track down the source...

Thanks!

B.