[c-nsp] 100 meg throughput

Derick Winkworth derick.winkworth at verizon.net
Fri Dec 16 16:17:42 EST 2005

Paul:

I wouldn't count strictly on the so-called 5 minute average.

I've suggested to users that they upgrade a distribution/backbone link when
they only average around 30m on a 100m link.  The reason was periodic,
somewhat sustained spikes of traffic causing buffer failures.

I imagine you are seeing some buffer failures, possibly interface throttles?

Just curious.

Derick