[c-nsp] Replacing a 7513

John Neiberger John.Neiberger at efirstbank.com
Mon Dec 19 13:04:57 EST 2005

I've got a 7513 that really isn't doing much and we're going to have to
replace it soon, potentially very soon since it is beginning to have
some hardware problems. I'm going to need a router that can handle an
8-port ATM IMA PA and two PA-T3+ (or a single PA-2T3+). I'll probably
need a couple of fast ethernet interfaces or a gigabit ethernet
interface, but other than that it doesn't need to do much.

Any thoughts? Should I just go with 7204VXR or should I look at
something newer? If we want a solution that's going to be with us for
5-7 more years, should I look to a 7600-series router instead of the
7204VXR, or do you think the 7200VXR stuff is going to be around for a
while?

Thanks,
John