[c-nsp] 7609 sup720 password recovery

kevin hong hong.kegan at thetanetworks.com
Sun Dec 25 03:46:38 EST 2005

  I'm trying to get into a 7609 Sup720 for which the password isn't known. In
fact, I'll be happy just wiping the configuration completely.
Unfortunately dispite doing 'confreg 0x2142' in the rom monitor, when I
boot it up it, it's reset itself back to 0x2102. It's almost as if the IOS
is overwritting the register value somehow.
Does anyone have any idea how this might be happening, and how I can get
into the device?

following is rommon set,but pcmcia card is losted.
rommon 2 > set
PS1=rommon ! >
LOG_PREFIX_VERSION=1
SLOTCACHE=cards;
BOOT=disk1:s72033-pk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD3.bin,1
TYFIB_BLOCK_ALLOC=
BSI=0
ACL_DENY=0
PF_REDUN_CRASH_COUNT=0
CRASHINFO=bootflash:crashinfo_20051220-053623
RET_2_RTS=05:36:23 UTC Tue Dec 20 2005
RET_2_RCALTS=1135056985
?=0

Best Regards