[c-nsp] Additional FE Ports on 2821

Brian Desmond brian at briandesmond.com
Mon Dec 26 20:24:33 EST 2005

I need to add additional FE ports (at least one) on a pair of 2821s which will have BGP feeds from upstream ISPs. Looking at Cisco's list of WICs for the 2800 series, there are no WIC-2FE or WIC-4FE (they have these for the 3800 series though).

Cisco has a HWIC-4ESW which is the little switch widget, but, I can't figure out if the ports are layer 3 capable or if worst case I can stand up SVIs on the module/router?

I don't forsee pushing more than 10mbps anytime soon on any one port, just two feeds per router right now with this addition.

Is there any way to go about expanding the number of FE router interfaces on the 2821s?

Thanks,
Brian Desmond
brian at briandesmond.com

c - 312.731.3132