[c-nsp] Reliable static routes and 12.2S

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Feb 1 13:31:39 EST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 04:41:36PM +0100, Andre Beck wrote:
> In case of DSL, we are not actually speaking Ethernet, though. The
> setup in question is ATM with per-PVC point2point subinterfaces that
> run route-brigde encapsulation, one individual broadcast domain on
> top of a SNAP PVC that is automatically terminated towards L3 using
[..]

Seconded.  Nearly identical setup here - and you're right, "static"
will not be perfect.

(We run most of that stuff with a transit network *and* "real" customer
IPs, so loosing the ability to cut over the "connected" routes to
dial-backup would not hurt - but then, being able to run this unnumbered
would be even better :-) ).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de