[c-nsp] 6500 w/sup32 as BGP edge router?

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Wed Feb 2 10:50:43 EST 2005

rodunn at cisco.com (Rodney Dunn) wrote:

> 7304/NSE100, 76xx(sup720), or GSR.
>
> The sup720 combination has a lot more functionality
> in regards to hardware rate limiters to help
> you protect the RP for various traffic types and
> ACL's.

I'm concerned about those "things in hardware" in regard to, e.g.,
X6408-A cards (or other "classic" cards). Will the hardware-assisted
stuff work with those non-dCEF-cards too, or is it more likely the
SUP720B+X6408-A will perform same or even worse than SUP32-GE-3B?

Oh, and what about the CatOS-only rumours? True or false? I can't
believe this, since the card can route, but...

Yours,
	Elmar.