[c-nsp] 7940 VLAN's

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Wed Feb 2 13:44:38 EST 2005

I have some 7940 phones I wish to connect to our HP Procurve 4000M.
The phones will each
have a computer connected to them.  I wish for the phone/voice to use
one vlan, and the computer
to use another.  I am running SIP POS3-07-3-00.  I see on the phone
where I can set the Admin VLAN Id.
I assume this will put both data and voice into that vlan.  Is there a
way to split it so data takes one vlan and
voice takes another?

I know if you connect to a catalyst switch (not a procurve) you can do
like:

switchport access vlan 10
switchport voice vlan 20

which would put voice in vlan 20 and data in vlan 10.  I believe this
gets communicated to the phone via CDPv2.
I am just wondering if there is a way to split vlan's like that on a
7940, if its just talking to an HP procurve.

Brian