[c-nsp] Export from VRF into global route table

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Fri Feb 4 09:43:39 EST 2005

> > > routes into the global routing table using ospf, bgp, eigrp and not
> > worked.
> > > So static it might be but very much doubt that's supported.
> >
> > The static rt towards the p2p interface is definitly
> > supported, this is the most basic form of providing Internet
> > access for a VRF (I wouldn't use it, though)..
>
> Isnt that ip route vrf RED 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.240.1 GLOBAL command?

That tells the router for a packet coming in on the VRF
from the CE that matches the default do a global
table lookup to find the next hop.  That gets you VRF->global
packet forwarding.

To get global->vrf packet forwarding you have to have the
route in the global table pointing at the *interface* that
the VRF is applied to.

Rodney