[c-nsp] pptp and Nat

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Feb 4 11:20:18 EST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 09:17:31AM -0500, James Hampton wrote:
> I know this is probably a newbie type question but I am a little under
> the gun, I have a customer who has a T1 terminating into a 1700
> running IOS 12.1(3) and is doing NAT/PAT. He is trying to set up pptp
> connections from his client PC's through the router to a remote pptp
> server and of course it fails. A debug ip nat show nat packets being

As far as I remember, support for PPTP and NAT was added in 12.2T or
so (so you need to upgrade IOS).

I've tried to ask Feature Navigator for it, but it doesn't find anything
useful (neither with "PPTP" nor with "NAT").

Entering "PPTP NAT" into the search engine on www.cisco.com coughed up
the following hit as first (!) result:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800949c0.shtml

... and it says "you need to use 12.1(4)T".  So your customer needs to
upgrade (to 12.2(28), which will be released soon).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de