[c-nsp] equivalent of juniper "routing-instance" on sup720

F. David Sinn dsinn at dsinn.com
Tue Feb 8 11:50:04 EST 2005

Be careful with VRF-Lite on the Sup720.  There are a number of issues
with it that I've found in my lab:

1)  Each port uses the same MAC address, regardless of VRF.
2)  VRF instances will ignore ARP's from other VRF instances, so if you
have any broadcast domain where two VRF's will be able to talk to one
another see #1 as the first problem and then manually configure ARP
entries for each VRF.
3)  PBR does not work in a VRF.
4)  Not all management commands can be set to be tied to a VRF, so you
will have to have a "default routing instance" for management.  My
current short list on this is (and I'm not saying this is complete,
VRF-Lite hasn't left my lab due to the above so your milage may vary):
	snmp-server community
	line vty
	ip name-server

Thanks!