[c-nsp] Pix and AAA Authentication

Olav Langeland olav.langeland at active24.com
Tue Feb 8 12:38:00 EST 2005

Hi,

I have been playing with AAA Authentication on a Pix 6.3, I want a
script that logs in, gets privilege level 10, does "write net :" and
logs out. User should only have access to the normal level 1 commands
and the 'write' command. I read through this document:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2120/products_configura
tion_guide_chapter09186a00800eb72e.html and followed the parts regarding
Accessing and Monitoring Pix Firewall -> Command Authorization and LOCAL
User Authentication.

I must be missing something because I can't get it to work. Both tried
to assign a user to privilege level 10, and assigned a password to level
10, but in both cases I have access to all commands which a 'show
privilege all' lists as privilege level 15 commands.

Any suggestions?

-olav