[c-nsp] Vlans and catalyst 2950

Alban Dani albcisco at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:23:47 EST 2005

Hi there,

we are using VTP. All the new Vlans are created on the 6509 which is the core.

Here is the output of the show  vlan on the cat2950:

cat2950#sh vlan id 41
VLAN Name                             Status    Ports
---- -------------------------------- --------- -------------------------------
41   Stevens                        active    Fa0/6, Fa0/35, Fa0/46, Gi0/1
VLAN Type  SAID       MTU   Parent RingNo BridgeNo Stp  BrdgMode Trans1 Trans2
---- ----- ---------- ----- ------ ------ -------- ---- -------- ------ ------
41   enet  100041     1500  -      -      -        -    -        0      0
Remote SPAN VLAN
----------------
Disabled
Primary Secondary Type              Ports

cat2950#sh spanning-tree vlan 41

VLAN0041
  Spanning tree enabled protocol ieee
  Root ID    Priority    24617
             Address     0009.b799.a680
             Cost        28
             Port        49 (GigabitEthernet0/1)
             Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay 15 sec

  Bridge ID  Priority    32809  (priority 32768 sys-id-ext 41)
             Address     000b.fd53.9540
             Hello Time   2 sec  Max Age 20 sec  Forward Delay 15 sec
             Aging Time 300

Interface        Role Sts Cost      Prio.Nbr Type
Fa0/35           Desg FWD 19        128.35   P2p
Fa0/46           Desg FWD 19        128.46   P2p
Gi0/1            Root FWD 4         128.49   P2p

Port Fa0/35 is trunked and Vlan 41 never makes it up this trunk unless
as I have explained I put a port on cat2950 on that vlan and get  some
traffic in it.

Thanks,

Alban