[c-nsp] Re: Question about Cisco AIR-AP 1200 series access point?

r.sahney r.sahney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:36:33 EST 2005

Hi All,

       1     Simple and sweet is Cisco recommends about 20 - 24 users
for optimium performance per AP.
        2     There should be only about 10 - 12 % area for ovelapping
channels so that the connection is not lost in case of movement, hence
seamless movement.

3 Check around for wiring , thick glass, pillars or other reflecting
or refracting things.

4 Since this will be in bound deployment , try and reduce the AP
Transmit power to abt 30 mW, and on Cards to about 5 - 10 mW.

5 Also let me know what antennas u have , i will let u know the right
design as well. :-) .........

Regards
Raj

"Easiest way to grow is ,help others"