[c-nsp] Problems with multipoint GRE / NHRP

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Sun Feb 13 23:59:43 EST 2005

On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 11:36:28PM -0500, Luan Nguyen wrote:
> I can say that your configuration work fine with both router using
> 12.3.11T.

Hrm.

> Have you try coming back to gre multipoint?

IIRC multiple times, yes.

> Personally I don't think it's a bug if one router send and the other
> one doesn't get...probably get dropped somewhere :).

FWIW, I can ping both ways just fine.

> Also keep in mind that mode gre ip work (they are the same
> regarding spoke-hub communication) the spoke multipoint mode only kick
> in when you have another spoke.

Jep, but it does influence the ISIS IIH type...

> About ISIS, I don't know much about it, but I would think that if
> you flat your network out with all level-1 or level1-2 then it should
> work?

It's flat single area level-2. Meanwhile I remember that IS-IS has
a general problem with NBMA networks like mGRE, so I might not be able
to run IS-IS on such a mGRE tunnel at all.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this problem!

Best regards,
Daniel