[c-nsp] [[nsp] 6509's sup2's and ipv6 bgp

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Mon Feb 14 12:56:14 EST 2005

At 09:37 AM 2/14/2005, Martin Robinson averred:
>Hi All,
>
>Been trawling cisco site for a few definative answers to what i thought
>would be easy questions...
>
>Do the sup2-msfc2's support bgp, ospf, ipv6 and netflow??? Or do i need a
>sup720.

Yes, but, IPv6 is in software on sup2, versus h/w forwarding support on
sup720/sup32.

>Does the 6548-ge-tx cards support gigabit etherchannel??? Is this best way
>to interconnect two 6509's???

Well, yes, it does, but I would strongly advise *against* using this module
for interswitch connections. This is a heavily oversubscribed wiring closet
positioned card. Would suggest using 6516/6516A or the sup uplinks for
these interconnects.

Tim

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759