[c-nsp] VTP in IOS config

MADMAN david.madland at qwest.com
Mon Feb 14 16:00:11 EST 2005

   Setting up a 4507R with supIVs running 12.2.25(ESW) the other day.
After adding the config I was explaining the various parameters to the
customer but I didn't notice any vtp info, vtp was client and had the
customers choosen domain name.  I then changed the mode to transparent
and then in the running config I noticed the vtp mode and the domain!
Switch config to server and the info was no longer in the config file.
Seems that if you configure the vtp for client or server neither will
show up in the config, nor will the domain name.  Change it to
transparent and you see the mode and the domain which is basically
irrelevant since the domain is meaningless with vtp disabled.

   I tried this on another 4507 in the lab running earlier IOS and on a
6506 sup1msfc2 and a sup720, same results.

   Is this by accident or design?  If design why?  I know this used to
be done and held in the VLAN database but support for it is being phased
out.

   Thanks

   Dave
--
David Madland
CCIE# 2016

"Emotion should reflect reason not guide it"