[c-nsp] Hardware accel. paths for policy routing on C6500

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Feb 16 17:13:47 EST 2005

Yes, but of course this is true of any of the h/w accelerated features,
even v4 unicast forwarding. If you run out of entries, you can't do it in
h/w anymore.

For PBR, we use the ACL TCAM and the h/w Adj table. There are 32K max ACL
TCAM entries for ACEs, and there are 2K max h/w adjacencies reserved for PBR.

Of course, with ACL TCAM as many folks know, YMMV. Using ODM as the merge
algorithm usually helps in this respect.

Tim

At 01:13 PM 2/16/2005, Arie Vayner averred: