[c-nsp] FWSM failover issue

Mike Carter mike.c at altatechnologies.com
Wed Feb 16 18:20:34 EST 2005

The issue we are having with the FWSM’s is the following:
The primary FWSM blocks all established and new connections when it is
“active”. If I failover to the secondary FWSM, it will handle all
established and new connections.
We are running FWSM version 1.1.4.
The event that triggered this problem is the following bug:
SCef46506 - FWSM NP3 may stuck unexpectedly
After some days of normal operation a FWSM running 1.1(4) may get stuck.
If this FWSM is in failover, then both FWSM become active and no network
traffic can pass through this failover pair.
Cisco has an interim release of 1.1.4(3) for the fix to this issue. I will
be upgrading to this version when I can get the failover to be
successful...CURRENT FAILOVER PROCESS IS BLOCKING ALL TRAFFIC THRU THE TH
FWSM.
ANYONE HAVE IDEAS HOW TO RESOLVE THIS????????
TIA!

Michael Carter
763-475-5327