[c-nsp] Pix to Pix tunnel performance w/Windows File Sharing

Church, Chuck cchurch at netcogov.com
Thu Feb 17 10:08:30 EST 2005

Sounds like an MTU issue (keep in mind the IPSec overhead).  VNC I
assume uses UDP.  File transfers in Windows would be TCP.  Try putting a
TFTP server on one machine, and pulling a file across.  (A tftp client
comes with W2K and above).  If UDP flies and TCP doesn't, it sounds like
a windowing problem caused by the MTU.  Netstat -s will show you
re-transmits on the windows devices.  Might want to watch them during
transfers.

Chuck Church
Lead Design Engineer
CCIE #8776, MCNE, MCSE
Netco Government Services - Design & Implementation
1210 N. Parker Rd.
Greenville, SC 29609
Home office: 864-335-9473
Cell: 703-819-3495