[c-nsp] FEIP and dCEF

Brian Feeny signal at shreve.net
Thu Feb 17 14:55:56 EST 2005

IOS is 12.2(18)S7

Apparently you cannot do dCEF on FEIP's (I have regular FEIPs not
FEIP2).
If someone knows otherwise please let me know.

I am trying to apply some service-policies to some interfaces, but I
get:

Hou-7513(config-if)#service-policy output QoS-Policy
  service-policy is supported only on VIP interfaces with DCEF enabled

So then try to enable dCEF:

Hou-7513(config-if)#ip route-cache distributed
DCEF switching should be enabled on member links of FastEthernet4/0

I am trying to consider my options.  Can I just remove the PA-FE's out
of the FEIP,
and stick them into say a VIP2-40 and then I am ok?

Brian

------
Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036, CISSP    	e: signal at shreve.net
Network Engineer           			p: 318.213.4709
ShreveNet Inc.             			f: 318.221.6612