[c-nsp] OT? Feedback on TWC upstream b/w

Steven Bertsch sbertsch at iaxs.net
Fri Feb 18 14:24:26 EST 2005

Firstly, Time Warner Cable and Time Warner Telecom are two
completely different animals.

We have such a connection from Time Warner Telecom for upstream
bandwidth and it has been very reliable.   I have only experienced one
outage in the last >2 years that we've had the service.

The customer premise equipment, in our case, is a Cisco Catalyst
3550 series with two GBIC uplinks running fast spanning-tree.

We are running BGP4 with them as well, but I can't comment as
to the competency of their techs since I've never had reason to call
them, apart from turn-up which went quite well.

At 01:01 PM 2/18/2005, Adam Greene wrote:
>Hello...
>
>I have the opportunity to get 5Mbps dedicated Internet bandwidth from Time
>Warner via fiber. They are offering an attractive price. I'd be running BGP4
>between them and our other upstream provider.
>
>Anyone have any experiences with using Time Warner for more than just a
>cable connection? I guess my main concern is that they will be as reliable
>as a carrier like AT&T / Sprint, etc. and that their network engineers are
>as knowledgable, in case of routing issues.
>
>We're an ISP and want to provide *VERY* reliable service for our customers.
>
>Thanks much...
>Adam
>
>---
>[This e-mail was scanned for viruses by Webjogger's AntiVirus Protection
>System]

Regards,
Steven Bertsch, System Administrator    Infinity AccessNET
sbertsch at iaxs.net                       Voice 952/944-7123 x161
http://www.iaxs.net/                    Fax   952/944-0115