[c-nsp] OT? Feedback on TWC upstream b/w

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Feb 18 15:45:41 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:

> Adam,
>
> Over the years I've heard that TWTC's peering was lousy.  I'd be interested
> in hearing other opinions as well.

Lousy may be too strong a word.  We have Above.net, Global Crossing,
Level3, and just turned up TWTC.  I've been somewhat perplexed in that I
don't see very many paths for our routes via TWTC at route servers like
route-views...but for outbound traffic, which ours mostly is, with almost
no BGP tuning, our routers seem to really like TWTC's routes.  So we send
them a good percentage of our outbound traffic...but I see relatively
little coming back from them.  They're our second busiest outbound
interface...but lowest load for inbound traffic.