[c-nsp] NPE-G1 with 12.2(25)S reload

Łukasz Bromirski lbromirski at mr0vka.eu.org
Fri Feb 18 17:11:01 EST 2005

Brian Feeny wrote:
 > I realize I should be on S2 and I am working on that right now,
 > but I want to make sure that the problem I had isn't possibly in
 > S2 as well.  Here is what I got:
 > Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-K91P-M), Version 12.2(25)S,
 > System returned to ROM by error - a Software forced crash, PC
 > 0x6083F730 at 21:10:30 UTC Fri Feb 18 2005
 > Is anyone aware of what this could be?  I am not running RPF.

If you by chance were resequencing the ACLs (compiled), You hit the
same bug I hit few days ago - just look in the archives. I don't
know for sure if it's fixed in S2 that I'm running now, but
resequencing and other various operations doesn't seem to trigger it.

And, of course, You should get the newer version. crashinfo can be
used to further debug the cause of the problem, and You can always
open a case on TAC.

--
this space was intentionally left blank    |            Łukasz Bromirski
you can insert your favourite quote here   |        lukasz:bromirski,net