[c-nsp] gsr e3 tcam

mark falker markfalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 03:22:11 EST 2005

Hello All,

Im working with an engine3 linecard on the 12000. There is a TCAM limit as to how long and complex ACL's can be (32 L4 operators). For testing I setup a rather long and complex ACL, and when applying to an interface or using it in a class-map, the box complained that I exceeded TCAM and would software switch traffic on that interface. However the box got painfully slow, and would hardly forward any traffic.

Is this horrible performance normal ?  and how can I view TCAM utilisation ?  'show tcam l2-tcam' didnt give me any meaningful output.

thanks to all

Mark