[c-nsp] Feature Request to Cisco

Nathan Ward cisconsp at daork.net
Mon Feb 21 16:51:12 EST 2005

John Neiberger wrote:

>>While we are at it, perhaps cisco can see a way to replace "more" with
>>

>>"less"?
>>

>I second that motion! I would really, really like the ability to easily
>move backward in a config. That would make my BGP config problem a
>little easier to handle.

While not a perfect solution, in the interrim why not use RANCID? (1)
If you feed it a web based CVS frontend it becomes quite powerful.
And, it lets you use your favorite pager to view the files.
Caveats are that it only updates periodically, and that you'll have to
do a checkout of the CVS tree every time you want to view updated
configs. (2)

(1) http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/
(2) I've not built a RANCID setup, only used one, so I don't know if
these are both always true.

--
Nathan Ward