[c-nsp] MPLS and the global internet routing table

Michel Renfer michel.renfer at lan.ch
Wed Feb 23 03:23:46 EST 2005

Hi Oliver

> > What do you do, when you have a customer requesting full
> > internet routes? Which approach did you choose?

> If it's just about Internet connectiviy, a static default into the
> global will do fine. If they want a full feed, I'd recommend a second
> circuit (or a sub-interface) within the global table..

'Normal' internet connectivity is not the issue. Assume, you have shared
P/PE
devices in smaller PoPs and no full routes inside the default routing
table or
inside an VRF.

We found only two possible solutions:

a) EoMPLS circuit from the 'Internet Border Router' directly to the
customer

b) eBGP Session to the Internet Border Router'

Note 'Internet Border Router' has Full Internet Routes

Do we miss any other approaches?

cheers,
michel