[c-nsp] Cisco 4948's

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Feb 23 16:05:28 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Arnold Nipper wrote:

> Zycko's website lists e.g. the GLC-SX-MM for $500 which is exactly the
> same as what Cisco is charging. So what is the benefit in bying at
> Zycko?

Well, when it comes to Xenpaks (LR), they charge the same as cisco, but
they can actually deliver them within a few days, as opposed to like half
a year for the cisco counterparts. I believe someone here said they
ordered back in october or so and still hasn't gotten delivery? I know we
ordered in late december and we're still waiting, supposedly delivery in
mid march.

Their LX SFPs are cheaper than Ciscos also.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se