[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Thu Feb 24 11:00:14 EST 2005

For various reasons, it's been decided to run OSPF between me and a
customer network.  However, since their gear is outside my
administrative control, I want to make sure I only get the networks I
expect from them and they only get a default route from me.

Unfortunately, I haven't had to think about OSPF in a long time and I'm
not sure what the best route to solve this is.

Assuming they'll be in their own area, should I use area filter-lists or
create another ospf process and use distribute-in/out filters?   Or
should I make them a stub and use either a seperate ospf process or area
filter-lists ?