[c-nsp] Docsis 1.1- Voip Config

Ong Beng Hui ongbh at ispworkshop.com
Fri Feb 25 09:43:32 EST 2005

Hi,

> Does anyone know of a website that provides information about Docsis 1.1 configurations and Qos/DQos for packetcable MTA , in a Cisco network ( Cisco 7200uBR)?
> I need to know , how can a Cisco router provide DQos and how i can control that...

See

http://www.cisco.com/support/toolkit/CableModem/

Typically, it is the cable modem/MTA who request for DQOS setup.
You might want to check up with the vendor for the MTA. Cisco CMTS
support DQOS.

ie... CM/MTA will request for the QOS from CMTS vis a DSA msg.
if  resource is available, CMTS will offer the QOS to the MTA.
This is a very simplified explaination. :)