[c-nsp] gre tunnels

Josh Duffek consultantjd16 at ridemetro.org
Fri Feb 25 13:37:57 EST 2005

This will probably help:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/multiroute.html
(just disregard the crypto stuff unless you want a VPN)

If you cannot ping the remote end of the tunnel then forget about eigrp
for a bit.  Let's say one end of the connection is 1.1.1.1 and the other
is 1.1.1.2.  I would do something like this:

Config t
Service timestamp debug datetime msec
!unless you already have better
do sh access list !look for a number starting with 101 that isnt used
!let's say 150 isnt in use:
access-list 150 permit icmp host 1.1.1.1 host 1.1.1.2
access-list 150 permit icmp host 1.1.1.2 host 1.1.1.1
end
term mon
debug ip pack 150 detail
debug tun