[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Thu Feb 24 13:34:49 EST 2005

> Mind if I/we ask why it's been decided to use OSPF instead of BGP?

Management reasons mostly.

 > If
> nothing else, I've read in multiple places that all OSPF nodes need to
> have an identical view of the topology, and filtering could really mess
> that up.

That's why I thought it'd be better to run it as a seperate process or
even make it a stub network which if I recall correctly would only have
a default to me and I'd only need to filter what's being sent back to me.

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."