[c-nsp] ospf between me and customer - design ?

matthew zeier mrz at intelenet.net
Thu Feb 24 13:27:29 EST 2005

Peyton Koran wrote:
> Do they have their own internet connection?

No, soley through me.

We're having too many STP issues with them on the same VLAN across
multiple drops and doing HSPR or VRRP (they're non-Cisco) so the thought
was to move to two /30s, two seperate VLANs and run something else.

BGP could be an option, however, no one (other than me) wants to run BGP
on the 6509s because of an issue* that happened last summer with BGP.
So I appear stuck with OSPF for the time being.

* turned out to be an IOS bug that was triggered when the box was
running BGP and had static routes.  That's since been fixed but the PHBs
are still timid.

--
matthew zeier, Sr. Network Engineer  | "Nothing in life is to be feared.
InteleNet Communications, Inc.       |  It is only to be understood."