[c-nsp] IPv6 not Fast/CEF-switched on 3640 12.3T

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Feb 28 05:11:57 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 08:07:35AM +0100, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
> I think IPv6 (unicast or multicast) over an IPv4 GRE tunnel is not yet
> CEF-switched, "show cef not" should show increased counters in
> "Unsupported" column.

Hm.

CEF Packets passed on to next switching layer
Slot  No_adj No_encap Unsupp'ted Redirect  Receive  Options   Access Frag
RP         1       0       65462        0   509494        0        0    0
IPv6 CEF Packets passed on to next switching layer
Slot  No_adj No_encap Unsupp'ted Redirect  Receive  Options   Access  MTU
RP         1       0       12853    39166     8448        0        0    0

Interestingly, the "Receive" number (509494) is the one rising when
switching IPv6 multicast traffic from the GRE tunnel to Fas0/0, not
the IPv6 Unsupp'ted number...

> Can you use a different tunnel encaps? ipv6-over-ipv4 (tunnel mode
> ipv6ip) should provide better results..

Unfortunately not, as the tunnel must support MPLS and IS-IS...

Best regards,
Daniel