[c-nsp] Netflow TCAM threshold exceeded

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 08:44:22 EST 2005

Hi,

On my 7609, with IOS 12.2(18)SXD with 512 MB of RAM,
Netflow was enabled but only showing Process switched ones, but then i
let it show the full CEF + process switched, the processing is Ok, but
i am getting  this all over my log

Dec 31 22:57:14: %EARL_NETFLOW-SP-4-TCAM_THRLD: Netflow TCAM threshold
exceeded, TCAM Utilization [97%]

Dec 31 22:58:20: %EARL_NETFLOW-SP-4-TCAM_THRLD: Netflow TCAM threshold
exceeded, TCAM Utilization [99%]

Dec 31 22:59:32: %EARL_NETFLOW-SP-4-TCAM_THRLD: Netflow TCAM threshold
exceeded, TCAM Utilization [94%]

So, i googled troubleshooting tcam, but didnt find anything useful,

i'd welcome any comments, my questions is :

1) how do i know if this is affecting anything else
2) incase its not, how do i not log this msg, increase the Netflow
tcam space or filter log ?
3) how do i really know my tcam is not full ?

Regards