[c-nsp] NETFLOW or Alternatives??

Vandy Hamidi vandy.hamidi at markettools.com
Mon Jan 3 21:13:05 EST 2005

All,
I'm looking for a way to determine the type of traffic and the amounts
of each Flow (SIP, DIP, Sport, DPort).

When my internet traffic or WAN traffic hits 99%, I want to be able to
identify the cause.  Right now, it's a total uneducated guess.

Requirements:
1) Identify traffic flows
2) Flow Kbps
3) Preferably use a Windows Server for collection and reporting
4) Prefer Trending
5) Easy ramp up (trying to avoid needing to learn a whole no discipline)

I'm not very familiar with NetFlow, but it looks like it needs a Solaris
Data Collector.

Equipment will range from 6500, 4500, 3745, 7206, etc.
Thanks in advance,

	-=Vandy=-