[c-nsp] Monitoring Tools

Borge Brunes Borge.Brunes at cc.uit.no
Tue Jan 4 17:07:43 EST 2005

network at infinity77.net said:
> Hey guys...can anyone point me in the direction of some open source  tools
> for monitoring a cisco network. For example...making sure all  switch ports
> are up...checking bandwidth and sedning alerts it is goes  over a certain
> threshhold...that kind of thing?

Take a look at Network Administration Visualized (NAV)
http://metanav.ntnu.no/

All norwegian universities, college universities and UNINETT
are using it. v3 is still in beta, but the first major release
is just around the corner. Binaries available for RedHat and SuSE.
It's also in FreeBSD ports (net-mgmt/nav)

--
Borge Brunes, Computer Center, University of Tromso, Norway
http://www.cc.uit.no/~borge/ | http://www.freebsd.org