[c-nsp] EoMPLS on 6500

Ian Cox icox at cisco.com
Tue Jan 4 18:40:07 EST 2005

At 11:17 PM 1/4/2005 +0200, Vytautas Valancius wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Yet another question about EoMPLS on 6500.
>In the documentation I found that quatation "­You cannot have a direct
>Layer 2 connection between PEs with Ethernet over
>MPLS"
>http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7600/cfgnotes/optical/122sx/mpls.htm
>.
>
>If I understand that correctly - we cannot run EoMPLS between to PEs if
>they are 6500 and connected directly. Can anybody confirm that?

There are two forms of EoMPLS supported on the platform with Sup720 PFC3b /
PFC3bXL.

1) Lack of a better name PFC/DFC based EoMPLS. This supports both EoMPLS
vc4 and vc5 and is configured on the physical interface or 8021.q
sub-interfaces. It does not support the ability to have multiple physical
ports as the source into a sinble EoMPLS vc. No MAC address learning takes
place for this form of EoMPLS.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/122sx/swcg/pfc3mpls.htm#wp1341798

2) WAN based EoMPLS. This is where you configure the EoMPLS commands on the
SVI interface (interface vlan <#>) and can have multiple L2 ports as part
of the EoMPLS circuit and L2 switching is supported between locally
attached interfaces, and into the  EoMPLS vc. MAC addresses are learned for
this form of EoMPLS. This form of EoMPLS requires a FlexWAN, Enhanced
FlexWAN, or OSM module XF enable interface connecting to the MPLS core to
function. The reference above you refer to is referring to this form of EoMPLS.

Ian