[c-nsp] MPLS, L2TPv3 Layer 2/3 VPN Network Options

chooweikeong at pacific.net.sg chooweikeong at pacific.net.sg
Tue Jan 4 22:03:24 EST 2005

Hi Nick,

Ya, i've came across the cisco doc. But, for the return traffic to CE, it
requires the CE network to be redistributed to the MPLS core. This will
not be workable in the case of vpn running overlapping private address.

I think the firewall/NAT equipment might be able to solve this porblem.
But, it will incur some administrative overhead, as a trunk to the
firewall/NAT has to be created for every customer.

Another approach i came across is to setup normal ipv4 link for internet
access and run MPLS/VPN as tunnel over that same link. Not sure if there
is any drawback in this case though.

Thanks,
Wei Keong